Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

We Heart Valentine's Day!

With so many store-bought options, it's hard to remember that you can create super cute valentines and valentine boxes at home, using stuff around the house.  I love the idea of upcycling items that were destined for the land fill but come to life as something new and with a different purpose than what they were intended for...

Glitter Coffee Can Valentine Box
For example...I tend to hoard empty coffee cans.  Why you ask?  I am really not sure.  All I can say is that I think to myself "hey, I wonder if I should save this?  It might come in handy someday!"  Yay!  Someday is here.  Although the picture shows a glitter version...I'm pretty sure I can find a way to testosterone it for my boys.

Heart Hug Flowers
This entails using up scrapbook paper, letters, embellishments and chenille stems (which you have in abundance if you have ever taught preschool or the 3-4 year olds Sunday School Class).  I love how these little flowers are made of four heart shapes.

Heart People
Back to using scrapbook paper and whatever else you can find in your stash, how about helping your kiddos create a whole crew of heart people.  We used paper hearts for the hands and feet, but tracing your kids hands and feet to use would be so cute!  Also, this little guy is pretty simple and you could really step up his game by adding glitter, buttons, and other bits of embellishment.

Enjoy!  Remember, we love feedback and photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...