Each Friday we'll bring you a fun activity to do with your kids!
This week's activity is...
Hanukkah Memory Book
Brown paper grocery bag
6 - 12 zipper-closed gallon plastic bags
red black and green construction paper
1. The plastic bags will be the pages of your book. Stack them so that the bottoms of the bags are on your left.
2. From the brown paper bag, cut a cover that folds around the plastic bags to form both the front and the back of the book. (The cover should be a little larger than the pages.)
3. Make sure all the pages are lined up inside the cover. Then punch a hole near the top and the bottom of the fold.
4. Use pieces of the pipe cleaner strung through the holes, with the ends twisted together, to hold the book together.
5. Use markers to color a picture on the front of your memory book.
6. Cut pieces of red, green, or plack construction paper to fit inside each of the plastic bag pages of your book. Then you can tape photgraphs, drawings, and other small memories of your Hanukkah celebration to the front and back of each construction paper sheet, and they will be protected by the plastic pages. (This idea can also be modified for vacation memory book, Birthday memory book, etc.)
Visit The Idea Box for all of our activities for kids