Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Two Winter Activity Ideas

DIY Painted Canvas
How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Periodically I bundle up my boys and boot them out into the backyard to romp and build snowmen and forts. But eventually they wander back in begging for hot cocoa. Once the hot cocoa thaws  their lips the first words out of their mouths are "I'm bored."

I've been looking for some kid-friendly DIY projects and activities to try while the snow and cold weather pile up outside. There are so many winter themed activities across the kid blogs with titles like "453 Penguin Activities for toddlers" and those are great. But I don't have toddlers anymore.

I found two DIY projects I think you'll like and, more importantly, that my boys may be willing to try. The first is this DIY Painted Canvas. It's the perfect opportunity for kids to flex their creative muscles and for parents to gain a rather nice abstract piece of art out of the process!

DIY Arm Warmers
The second one is DIY Arm Warmers. I think these would be especially fun to do at a girl's birthday party or maybe teenage girls sleepover. Be warned: if you have a favorite pair of holiday socks...hide them now. I am not sure how my boys will like this one, but I am willing to try anything to stave off the winter boredom blues.

Until my next post, enjoy the cold weather! What's your favorite winter activity for kids or for the classroom? Share with me in the comments.

Visit The Idea Box for more crafts, snacks and activities ideal for your kids and classrooms! 

Connect with us on where I share more ideas and inspiration!

Facebook 
Twitter
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...